Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mad Hats and Paint Chips

The Armory Art Center's Mad Hatter Luncheon is tomorrow. The annual event raises money for the resident artist program. Traditionally, attendees wear wild and wacky hats to the luncheon. The hats range from handmade to high-design.

I was inspired by the paint chip art I saw at Art Basel in Miami this year. A google search of "paint chip art" will yield a healthy return for your visual pleasure.
There are many things I loved about this project: the flat colors, the petal configuration, the ease of hot glue, and especially the low cost of the materials. Can't get much cheaper than free, now can I?
I built this hat just like I would if I was coiling a pot: I put the hat on a banding wheel and engaged in the rhythm of glue, press, turn, glue, press, turn.



I also made a fancy broach out of paint chips to wear with my dress tomorrow. Hope it does
not rain!

4 comments:

  1. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks
    Hats

    ReplyDelete

  2. This was disclosed in a meeting which was held to review the arrangements of the examination by PEC, here today. The meeting was chaired by Secretary School Education Department Nadeem Ashraf and it was attended by Muhammad Aslam Kumbo, Addl. Director DSD Nasrullah Wirk and Manager Operation PEC.

    board result 8th class 2018
    5th board result 2018
    8th board result 2018

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the best blog. it was very useful for me.keep sharing such ideas in the future as well.
    Dirk Gently Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say that you are my favourite author. You always bring surprised things for me everytime I see your articles. Great efforts!! Star Lord Game Jacket

    ReplyDelete